Orvis Helios 2 12-weight 8'10" Fly Rod - Big Game & Saltwater
- Shipping Weight:
- 1.00 LBS
- Free Shipping
- Current Stock:
The Helios 2 is a featherlight war club that defies the laws of physics and has the backbone of an I-beam. Lighter in hand and 20% stronger than any rod we’ve ever developed, it transitions energy directly from your brain to the fly and casts with the precision of a laser pointer. Made by hand in our Vermont rod shop, it’s a fly rod built by anglers who fish their way home from work, anglers with sunglasses-shaped tan lines, anglers who tie blood knots in their sleep.
There is no feeling like watching a 150+ pound tarpon track your fly. Your breath hitches in your chest and your mind shudders, wondering if the cast was good enough. Are you in the zone? Is it even the right fly? And what's up with that wind that keeps battering away at the boat? And then he eats. And is gone. And all you are left with is a blur in the water and a hissing reel in your hand. Fight the good fight with the one-piece H2 12-weight at your side. Odds are there will be celebratory drinks tonight. Proudly made in Manchester, Vermont, USA.
- 4¼ oz. 1-piece
- 8'10" 12-wt.
- One-piece construction for the ultimate in smooth performance
- Tuned to transfer energy along a smoother curve
- Ultimate lifting power with no compromise of durability
- Midnight blue blanks with accenting wraps
- Crushproof REC Recoil® guides
- Unique red reel seat with black nickel skeleton
- Super-grade cork handle
- UV-inhibiting paint coating
- Cordura rod tube and cloth rod sack