For big stripers and blues in the Northeast rips and winter bull reds in Louisiana, the Clearwater 10-Weight 9′ Fly Rod offers just the power you need to throw big flies in the wind and handle the broad-shouldered strength of these great gamefish. Permit, juvenile tarpon, barracuda, and even big freshwater predators like pike and big Florida-strain largemouth in the weeds are perfect targets for this versatile rod. Whatever you’re dealing with, be it size, strength, or wind, or all three. The Clearwater 910-4 is the rod and at this price, you should have a couple.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It’s still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 9′ 10-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee by Orvis
- Designed in Vermont