Seen by many as the best all-around rod size on the market, the Recon 8’6″ 5-weight is the ideal rod for the one-rig angler. The slightly shorter length allows for small stream versatility, but high modulus graphite ensures this rod came to play when faced with larger water. Present small dries with finesse and larger flies with accuracy, while maintaining the lightweight sensitivity of a five-weight. The appropriate flex has been built into the rod, eliminating the need to worry about tip- and mid-flex designations. Proudly made in Manchester, Vermont.
- 2 ⅜ oz.
- Shadow green blank with black nickel reel seat and dark burl wood insert
- Heavy-duty black nickel hardware
- 7” half wells grip
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Includes aluminum rod tube with cloth rod sock
- Backed by Orvis’ 25-year guarantee
Rod Outfit includes:
- Recon 865-4 fly rod
- Hydros SL II reel
- Hydros Trout line
- 150 yards of 20lb Dacron backing
- Aluminum rod tube and cloth rod sack