When life demands the power of an eight–weight but the close–quarters prowess of a shorter rod, reach for the 7’11” 8-weight Recon. Ideal for casting big, wonky flies into tight spots, this rod is ideal for battling bonefish, snook, redfish, carp, or whatever mid–size species suits your fancy. Length fits bass tournament specifications. The EVA foam–and–cork fighting butt ensures leverage once you’ve hooked into your quarry, and the 7″ full wells grip means it will be a comfortable fight. The appropriate flex has been built into the rod, eliminating the need to worry about tip– and mid–flex designations. Crafted with a completely new ferrule design, a stealthy shadow green blank, and heavy–duty black nickel hardware, the Recon is ready for your next adventure. Manchester, Vermont, USA.
- 3⅜ oz. 4-piece
- 7’11” 8-wt.
- 7″ full wells grip
- Shadow green blank with black nickel reel seat
- Heavy–duty black nickel hardware
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- EVA foam and cork fighting butt
- Rod tube
- Backed by Orvis’ 25-year guarantee
Rod Outfit includes:
- Recon 7118–4 fly rod
- Hydros SL IV reel
- Hydros SW All-Rounder line
- 200 yards of 20lb Dacron backing
- Rod tube