The Scott G Series Fly Rods are iconic. These medium action, smooth flexing fly rods are treasured by anglers the world over.
Scott originally introduced the first G rods in 1976. Not only was this the first 9′ 4 weight fly rod but also the first time the hollow internal ferrule was used. The hollow internal ferrule connects multi-piece fly rods in a smooth and seamless fashion. In 2006, Scott introduced the modernized G2 series with a rod lighter in hand and increased recovery speed.
Now, the G Series is being reintroduced yet again with two new innovations. The hollow internal ferrule has be redesign to be more flexible, stronger and lighter. Scott also combined their cutting edge fiber and resin systems in to the most advanced multi-modulus layups to date. Multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups.
The results are medium-action rods that bend deeply and also remain stable. The Scott G Series Fly Rods balance lighter in hand and generate higher line speeds. For better tracking, they provide more stability through the middle of the rod. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of medium action rods.
- ReAct: Increases recovery speed, minimizes vibrations, maximizes feel and efficiency
- X-Core: Increased stability, touch and feel, power and control
- Multi-Modulus: Fine-tuned flex and recovery
- Arc: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Fiberfuse Resin: 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- Natural Finish: A lighter, more durable, and better performing rod.
- Mil-Spec III: Hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish available
- Titanium: Highest strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance of any metal
- Universal Snake Guides: Radius feet conform to the blank, corrosion resistance, and self-lubricating finish
- Recovery Speed: Medium Fast
- Connection: Internal Ferrule
- Flex Profile: Medium
- Reel Seat: Uplocking w/ Micarta Insert
- Rod Tube: Aluminum Rod Tube
- Made in USA: Montrose, Colorado