Steyr AUG A3 M1 5.56 16″ Green NATO 1.5x Optic
The iconic bullpup-style Steyr AUG has been one of the most recognizable rifles in the world since its adoption by the Austrian army in 1977 and is now available for civilian use as the Steyr AUG A3 M1, a semi-convertible ambidextrous rifle platform with an adjustable short-stroke, gas-piston operation chambered for 5.56x45mm (.223 Remington) ammunition in stock 10-, 30- or 42-round magazines.
The AUG A3 M1 boasts an overall length of just 28.15 inches, including its 16-inch heavy barrel, making it at least 8 inches shorter than an M4 carbine with a comparable-length barrel. The short-stroke gas-piston operation of the AUG runs exceptionally cleaner by nature because all of the operational exhaust gas vents out of the front of the rifle. The AUG’s matching, yet opposed, stainless steel operation and guide rods affixed to the bolt carrier glide effortlessly inside the receiver for unparalleled smoothness in operation as well as exceptional reliability. Dual gas-adjustment settings ensure its operation, even with the dirtiest ammunition and in adverse conditions.
The AUG A3 M1 has all the classic features and benefits that established it as the pinnacle of modern rifle design, including expedited disassembly as well as simple conversion to left-hand operation, which requires replacement of the standard bolt with the optional left-eject bolt and swapping the ejection-port cover. It also features a quick-change barrel with a collapsible forward grip as well as a two-position cross-bolt safety that locks the trigger.
The receiver was also updated to replace the permanently affixed front sling swivel with a VLTOR Quick-Disconnect Sling Swivel, which makes two-point sling attachment or removal extremely fast and easy, and users of single-point slings can remove the front sling swivel entirely, if they so desire.
This AUG A3 M1 stock, cocking piece and forward grip are made of highly durable synthetic and is available in Green. The rifle is available in the NATO version that accepts standard STANAG (AR) magazines.
- Model: Steyr AUG A3 M1
- Manufacturer: Steyr Arms USA, Bessemer, AL 35022
- Operation: Adjustable, short-stroke, gas-piston, semi-automatic
- Magazine type/capacity: Polymer double-stack detachable box/30 rounds
- Receiver material: Hard Eloxal-coated aircraft aluminum
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm (.223 Remmington)
- Barrel: 16.375-inch mannox-lined (nitride) CHF barrel (18.375 inches with muzzle brake)
- Rifling: 6 grooves, 1:9 RH Twist
- Sights: 1.5X optic
- Safety: Two-position trigger-blocking
- Trigger type: Single-stage
- Pull weight: 9 pounds, 8 ounces
- Stock material/type: Green NATO synthetic/bullpup
- NATO version (accepts standard STANAG (AR) magazines)
- Length of pull: 15 inches
- Drop at comb: 1.945 inches (Optic)
- Drop at heel: None
- Recoil pad: Elastomer; 0.3-inch thick
- Sling swivels: Two (front QD, rear reversible)
- Pistol grip: Integral
- Checkering: None
- Weight, empty: 8.8 pounds (Optic)
- Overall length: 28.15 inches
- Included accessories: Owner’s manual and one 30-round magazine.
There are no reviews yet.